- No preparation needed for the non-contrast studies.
- In case of contrast enhanced study: patient should be food fasting 4-6 hours before the exam. Adequate hydration is needed and recent kidney function test should be available at the time of your examination. You should inform your physician of all medications you are taking and if you have any allergies.
- In case of claustrophobic patients, the examination can be done in one of our open MRI machines or under anesthesia.
- Some items should be removed prior to the MRI scan. These items include:
- Jewelry, watches, credit cards and hearing aids, all of which can be damaged.
- Pins, hairpins, metal zippers and similar metallic items, which can distort MRI images.
- Patients with mechanically/magnetically activated devices as cardiac pacemaker, cochlear implants, artificial heart valves.
- Some types of clips used on brain aneurysms.
- Some types of metal coils placed within blood vessels.
- Patients with ferromagnetic surgical clips or prosthesis.
- High field 3.0 Tesla
- The highest magnet field in diagnostic imaging.
- Large Field Open magnets 1.0 Tesla
- They provide the double benefit of obtaining the large magnet high resolution image quality & applications in the shortest time while enjoying the relaxation atmosphere of spectacular open magnet design
- Ultra short wide bore 1.5 T
- The new open MRI combines the high field capability with short 145 cm magnet tunnel and wide 75 cm bore with ability to do all scan foot first; only provided by Siemens Germany.
- Super-silent 1.5 T with MR elastography
- High field 1.5 T extremity MRI dedicated for sport injuries.