It helps to detect distant metastasis inpatients with known primary malignant tumors (IV contrast is advised for better delineation).
- Patients with mechanically/magnetically activated devices as cardiac pacemaker, cochlear implants.
- Patients with metallic foreign body in the eye.
- Pregnant women in the first trimester (benefits versus risk to be assessed).
- Ferromagnetic surgical clips or prosthesis.
- The examination is done on one of our highly advanced MRI machines available in our Cairo branches
- No after care or precautions needed following non contrast enhanced study.
- In case of contrast enhanced study drinking plenty of water is advised to help to wash out the injected IV contrast material out of your body except if you are on fluid balance for renal or cardiac condition you may consult your physician and in case of lactating mothers it is advised to escape lactation for 24 hrs after the contrast injection .